Entering films in the Festival
1. Film Producers, Distributors their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized government organization /agency of the participating countries may enter their films for the Competition or non- competition section as per selected by the entrant in the Entry Form.
The Form, duly filled in, separately for each film proposed to be entered should reach the Festival office by 31st October 2016. The Festival Director has the discretion to accept entries up to 30th November, 2016. The forms can be emailed earlier and DVDs may be mailed at a later date.
1. Prints of films selected for exhibition in the Festival must reach the Festival office at Pune, India on or before August 25th Annually, 2 the title(s) of the film(s) sent, the number of reels, shipping details including the dates of dispatch and the air consignment number must be Sent to the Festival office.
1. The Insurance of prints in transit from the country of origin to the Film Festival Office and from the Festival Office to the country of origin will be the responsibility of the entrant, the Festival Office will insure the prints against damage, partial and total, by fire, theft or any other unnatural causes from the moment it takes delivery of the print to the moment it hands them back to the concerned airline/ agency for dispatch. The insurance value will be the print cost as specified in the Entry Form, supported by documents from the concerned laboratory. Damage to the print, if any, should be certified by an independent agency at the cost of sender.
Freight and Other Charges
1. The prints should be sent “freight pre-paid” i.e. at senders cost. After the Festival, the prints will be returned to the senders by air freight at the cost of the Film Festival Office.
Film Festival Office will not pay charges other then the air freight charges. It may also please be noted that the Film Festival Office cannot reimburse any freight or other charges on foreign currency, unless previously agreed to in writing. The Film Festival Office will not bear freight or any other charges for unsolicited films, videos / DVD sent to it, if these are not selected for screening in the Festival.
The special arrangements made by the Film Festival Office for clearance through Indian Customs in Mumbai are applicable only in the case of consignment directly air-freighted on request and addressed to this Festival Office. In the case of the publicity material, etc. sent pre-paid by Courier Services or through agents in India., the concerned courier service/agent should be instructed to deliver the material directly to the office of the Film Festival in Pune. The Film Festival Office shall not be responsible for any material that is diverted to some other city or festival in India, also the freight for the same will be paid by the concerned party or festival.
1. Entries to the Festival other then films under the Indian Cinema Sections shall be exempt from censorship. No accepted film will be shown outside the Festival city by the Film Festival Office. The Festival proposes to have a maximum of 3 screening per film selected. For non-competitive festivals and competitive specialized festivals allow for a maximum of 3 screenings per film. Producers / authorised entrants are requested to grant permission with the International Regulations mandate for one Additional Screening. The Festival agrees not to hold any screenings other than the three screening allowed by the International Regulations.
Excerpts for Television
1. For promotion of films entered in the Festival on television, producers/authorised entrant are requested to supply four excerpts of the film(s) entered, each of a maximum duration of three minutes, to the Festival Office. These should be supplied on ¾ inch U-Matic tape (high band or low band) Beta, preferably PAL system. Such tapes will be returned along with the print within two weeks of the close of the Festival.
1. Classroom and advertising films are not eligible for participation in any section. Films not presenting sufficient technical qualities for good public screening can be refused after checking of the prints by the Print Checking Unit of the Festival Directorate. The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in the International Film Festival of India with regards to parties connected with the production / distribution of the participating film and/or other right holders/ Licenses. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations. The Film Festival Office will decide all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations but in conformity with the provisions of the International Regulations for film festivals and its decisions shall be final and binding on all parties.